Thread: RoA server is offically Sim City

Angry RoA server is offically Sim City

After many attempts from various leaders of our Alliance (GRID-CIV) we have had no luck from SUPPORT in getting an early server finish. We have already won the server, (a month ago) control most of the regions/artefacts, killed all the major hammers and the only other big Alliance have all deleted in disgust. As of today there is one member left about to turn off the lights, but he doesn't know how to disband his alliance.
    We are expected to play Sim City while we wait 2 months for the server to be ended.

We have members going inactive and deleting everyday out of pure boredom. It's not doing any favours for the popularity of the game or encouraging people to signup again.

Re: RoA server is offically Sim City

Thanks padre for the feedback. This feedback will help us to fine tune the game. Do you have any suggestion to make the ROA version more interesting?

Obviously it is too easy for a large alliance to dominate a RoA server quickly. We were strategic in gaining key regions and killed some of the largest hammers in opposing alliances. There was only one key player in the opposing alliance who was 2nd top player, so we collectively attacked his largest villages until he ended up deleting. It was pretty much all over after that.
    If the server is won quickly it would much more beneficial to call it over and start a fresh server. Then there is no malice or frustration from players.
    I've been playing Travian for over 15 years, but this was my first RoA experience so I'm not the best to comment on fine tuning game mechanics. Perhaps others can add some suggestions?

The server started in Sept 2016 but the server was 'won' early December, well before it's planned server end time of March 31st 2017.

Thanks for the feedback. The feeed back will help us to analyze the game and optimize it more.We are hoping to give better user experience with next release.

Also I think the size of the map should be reduced until more players get onboard... it was too vast IMO it may create a more aggressive playing field to control the regions. I did find it annoying that my villages were so far apart, but that is the scattered kingdom approach... also maybe you can reduce the member limit of the alliances so that it's harder to 'stack' into one alliance and create a platform for more compteting alliances. The server was really dominated by CIV and Wolfpack with SMUD a close threat.
    I felt the hero was pretty much useless unless you wanted to get an oasis.